Friday, September 17, 2010

The Room

I have been combing the internet and stores for crib bedding like a detective searching for a hidden clue. I know it must be out there, I'm just not looking in the right places! I have come to the conclusion that I don't care for most of what is out there...Well, what is out there in my budget I should say. As usual I have import taste on a domestic budget! I also don't care for the overly girly pinky ruffly sparkly matchy stuff. When she is older and possibly developing that magnetic like draw to all things pink, I will be happy to indulge her. But in the meantime, when this room is just as much for me as for her, I'd like to keep it calm but bright, happy, with clean lines, modern. And I'm not opposed to pink and actually like it, when paired with other non pink like colors. Why is this so hard to find? I stood at Babies R Us yesterday, staring up at a warehouse sized wall lined with nothing but complete bedding sets. Surely there must be something here, in this store with the name that specializes in all things Baby. I pictured a group of designers together trying to figure out what to do for the new line...scratching their heads they decided to just toss a bunch of princesses, butterflies and pink fabric into a blender then threw it all out and called it bedding. Sigh.
I have a dear friend who can sew, so I may resort to having some stuff made, or, just get simple solid colors.
Here are some rooms that I love from a great design site called simplified bee:


I love the pink and teal and would like to incorporate some orange into that. i know. when i've told people we've painted the room orange they mostly just say "oohh. orange?". But i love it and it's happy and bright. i also like this one from the always fabulous martha stewart:

1 comment:

amy and kevin said...

I just love that first picture - I blogged long time ago about wanting to wallpaper the nursery ceiling. In the end I decided it would be too messy for me to do, or too expensive to pay for :)

As for orange, it is one of my favorite colors and I totally agree... it is so happy! Our utility room is painted a pumpkin orange and it's awesome :)