Monday, August 23, 2010

Moving Right Along...

It's been a while since I posted! It seems I've been busy with birthday parties, holiday parties, a surprise party for Brad, summer fun in general...with all that behind me I feel like I can finally give my full focus on baby. Of course I have been multi tasking and doing adoption related stuff all summer long, but it's always been in this distracted, not fully there mode.
Today we have our visit with our social worker to update our homestudy. It is an integral part of the process, and once it's done we are really on our way! I also heard from our placement agency on Friday, saying that our formal application should go out this week, also a huge step! And the genache on the flourless chocolate cake, we got our i171 on Friday as well. That is approval from Homeland Security/Citizenship and Immigration for anyone who doesn't know the numerical acronyms of international adoptions! Things are moving and it feels good.
The latest development though...is that we've decided...that the best fit for our family is to request a girl! Ok I know, it's what the original plan was, and then it was changed, and now it's changed back, so it's a bit like old/new news. But still!
With that said...instead of sitting here on Blogger I should probably be cleaning and baking cookies in preparation for the social worker's visit. Better clean up all the wine bottles, firearms and loose electrical while I'm at it work too...

1 comment:

Brent, Buffy and Cameron DeWitt said...

And would you get the screens back in your windows? And how about some working plumbing? Is that too much to ask?

Seriously, hope things went well yesterday. Exciting stuff!